An iron fullrigged ship built in 1875 by Osbourne, Graham & Co., Sunderland, at a cost of £ 22.000.
Dimensions 232'6"×36'9"×22'6" and 1405 GRT, 1354 NRT and 1268 tons
- 1875 October
- Launched at the shipyard of Osbourne, Graham & Co., Sunderland, for H.W. Owen, Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 74480 and signal PJCF.
- Captain R. Jones.
- Sold to Richardson Brothers, Swansea.
- Sold to G.A. Lindblom & A. Söderlund, Åbo, Finland, and was renamed Endymion. The Finnish measurements were 69,3×10,93×6,91 meters and 1370 GRT and 1286 NRT.
Captain A.K. Svahnström. [Eames has 1896]
- Sold to Robert Mattsson, Mariehamn. Captain Ossian Pettersson.
- 1917 April 4
- Sailed from Liverpool for Mobile under command of Captain M. Johansson.
- 1917 April 16
- Torpedoed and sunk by a German submarine close to the SW coast of Ireland.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1998-01-24 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.