A full-rigged steel ship built in 1902 by Hamilton, Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 80,01×12,22×7,19 meters and tonnage: 1946 GRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Hamilton, Port Glasgow, for W. Montgomery & Co., London.
- Sold to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, for £ 8000 or £4 7s. 0d. per ton and was renamed Pinnas.
- Sailed from the English Channel to Valparaiso in 78 days under command of Captain Eck.
- Sailed from the English Channel to Valparaiso in 75 days under command of Captain Radfan.
- Sailed from the English Channel to Valparaiso in 74 days under command of Captain Oetzmann.
- Interned at Valparaiso for the duration of the war.
- 1920 October 30 - January 30
- Sailed from Pisagua with a cargo of nitrate to Falmouth f.o. in 92 days under command of Captain Hans.
- Delivered to France as war-damage compensation.
- 1921 December 22
- Sold for £ 3.000:- to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg.
- In command of Captain
- 1929 January 22
- Left Hamburg for Chile under command of Captain Paul Lehmann.
- 1929 April 18
- Was dismasted off Cape Horn.
- 1929 April 25
- Taken in tow by the Chilean Government steam ship Alfonso which had heard the SOS signal.
- 1929 April 27
- Abandoned due to increased leakage.
Updated 1997-05-10 by by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.