An iron fullrigged ship built in 1884 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton. Dimensions 305'0"×41'3"×25'0" and 2436 GRT, 2381 NRT and 2281 tons under deck.
1884 January
Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, for E. Bates & Sons, Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 87939 and signal JGKD.
Sold to W. Thomas & Co., Liverpool, and was renamed Cambrian Princess.
1913 December
Sold to Otto A. Färdig and partners, Nystad, Finland. The Finnish measurements were 91,5×12,3×7,5 meters. Captain J.F. Gadd.
1914 March 9
Sailed from Penarth with a cargo of coal for Port Nolloth, South Africa.
1914 May 16
Dismasted in the South Atlantic.
1914 June 7
Arrived to Rio de Janeiro where she remained for a long time.
Sold to owners in Helsingfors.
1915 October 11 - January 31
Sailed from Rio de Janeiro to Genoa under command of Captain Julius Eriksson.
Sold to Italian owners and was renamed Alessandra.
1918 March 15
Sunk by a German submarine.


Updated 1997-04-27 by Lars Bruzelius

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.