An iron fullrigged ship built in 1884 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton.
Dimensions 305'0"×41'3"×25'0" and 2436 GRT, 2381 NRT and 2281 tons under deck.
- 1884 January
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, for E. Bates & Sons, Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 87939 and signal JGKD.
- Sold to W. Thomas & Co., Liverpool, and was renamed Cambrian
- 1913 December
- Sold to Otto A. Färdig and partners, Nystad, Finland.
The Finnish measurements were 91,5×12,3×7,5 meters.
Captain J.F. Gadd.
- 1914 March 9
- Sailed from Penarth with a cargo of coal for Port Nolloth, South Africa.
- 1914 May 16
- Dismasted in the South Atlantic.
- 1914 June 7
- Arrived to Rio de Janeiro where she remained for a long time.
- Sold to owners in Helsingfors.
- 1915 October 11 - January 31
- Sailed from Rio de Janeiro to Genoa under command of Captain Julius Eriksson.
- Sold to Italian owners and was renamed Alessandra.
- 1918 March 15
- Sunk by a German submarine.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-27 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.