An iron full-rigged ship built in 1862 by Hill, Port Glasgow.
Dimensions 65,39×22,04×6,98 meters
[214'4"×36'2"×22'9"] and 1333 GRT, 1248 NRT and 1176 tons under
- 1862 April
- Launched at the shipyard of Hill, Port Glasgow, for Potter, Wilson & Son, Glasgow.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 44774 and signal TWLS.
- Sold to the British Shipowners Co. (James Beazley), Liverpool.
- 1880 May 11
- 48 shares were sold to R.W. Leyland & Co., Liverpool, who became the managing owner of the ship.
- Captain Edward Watkins was appointed master of the vessel.
- 1895 October 25
- Abandoned in a sinking condition off Schouwen.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-17 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.