An iron barque built in 1876 by Gourlay Brothers & Co., Dundee, as yard mo. 73.
Dimensions 61,23×10,40×5,92 [203'8"×33'8"×19'9"] and tonnage 1013 GRT and 894 NRT.
- Launched at the shipyard of Gourlay Brothers, Dundee, for A.M. Lawrence & Co., London.
- Sold to M. Little, London.
- Sold to Bank Shipping Co. Ltd. (W. Just & Co.), Liverpool.
- Sold to A/S Oaklands (Mathias Hansen), Kristiansand. [Lille has 1901]
- 1921 November 14
- Sold to Tufve Persson and partners, Brantevik, for SEK 28.000. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 6739 and signal KDNC.
The new Swedish measurements were 60,5×10,3×7,0 meters and 1013 GRT, 894 NRT and 1450 DWT.
Captain John Andersson.
- 1924 March 26
- Sold to Rederi AB Oaklands (Sam Andersson), Gothenburg, for SEK 36.000.
- 1925 November
- Sold to Captain Arthur Andersson, Mariehamn, for £ 2400.
- 1933 October 19
- Stranded at Hven but was refloated on October 31 after which the ship was brought to Copenhagen for repairs.
- Sold to Grimstad, Norway, to be broken up.
- 1935 April - May 6
- Sailed from Mariehamn to Grimstad where she was broken up.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-11 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.