A steel fullrigged ship built in 1889 by Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 75,82x11,40x6,95 meters [258'8"×38'7"×22'7"] and 1664
GRT and 1592 NRT and 2700 DWT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails.
- 1889 February 11
- Launched at the shipyard of Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow, for Alb. Evers & Clasen, Hamburg.
Assigned the German signal RHMN. Captain H. Kühl.
- Captain F.W. Keppler.
- Captain C.Gries.
- Sold to G.A. Linblom, Åbo, Finland. Captain A.D. Hårdh was put in command of the vessel.
- Wrecked at the entrance to the harbour of East London on voyage from Melbourne with a cargo of wheat. The cable parted during towage into the
harbour and the current swept the Orient aground.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-21 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.