Peep O'Day

An iron barque built in 1863 by Marshall Brothers, Newcastle-on-Tyne. Dimensions 154'0"×27'5"×17'6" and 512 GRT, 481 NRT and 465 tons under deck.
1863 January
Launched at the shipyard of Marshall Brothers, Newcastle-on-Tyne, for E.T. Gourley, Sunderland. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 44525 and signal TVLG.
Owners: J.J. H'ldswrth [LR 1879-80]
1883 May 8
Sold to F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and was renamed Puck. Assigned the German signal RHDG. The new measurements were 48,16×8,43×5,47 meters and 484 NRT.
In command of Captain E.F.J. Ohnsorg.
In command of Captain P.E. Opitz.
In command of Captain E.F.J. Ohnsorg.
In command of Captain A.C.J.M. Grapow.
1888 February 21
Sold to Rederiaktieselskabet Puck (Jens Paulsen Clausen, Nordby), Fanø, Denmark.
1901 November
Drifted onto a coral reef but was towed free by a steamer.
1901 December 2
Arrived in a leaking condition to Herberthöhe, Bismarck Archipelago, where she was condemned. The ship was sold at auction for DKK 6000 and converted to a hulk.


Updated 1997-05-14 by Lars Bruzelius

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives.

Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.