A steel fullrigged ship built in 1890 by Joh. C. Tecklenborg AG, Geestemünde.
Dimensions: 78,23×12,08×6,84 meters [256'6"×39'6"×22'3"] and tonnage: 1763 GRT and 1661 NRT. The Lloyd's Register tonnage figures were 1768 GRT, 1687 NRT and 1614 tons under deck.
A sistership to the same owner's fullrigged ship Parchim (1889).
- 1890 May 10
- Launched at the shipyard of Joh. C. Tecklenborg AG, Geestemünde, for
F. Laeisz, Hamburg.
Assigned the German and signal RHWC. Primarely employed in the South American nitrate trade to Europe.
- In command of Captain E.H. Hellwege.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Valparaiso in 72 days.
- Sailed from Dover to Valparaiso in 74 days. [Lubbock]
- Sailed from Iquique to Lizard in 79 days.
- In command of Captain J. Neumann.
- Sailed from Iquique to Dover in 81 days.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Valparaiso in 76 days.
- Sailed from Iquique to Lizard in 81 days.
- In command of Captain A. Teschner.
- Sailed from Hamburg to Talcahuano in 72 days.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Philadelphia in 38 days.
- Sailed from Philadelphia to Nagasaki in 164 days.
- Sailed from Nagasaki to Puget Sound in 33 days.
- Sailed from Puget Sound to Lizard in 128 days.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Valparaiso in 70 days.
- Sailed from Taltal to Scilly Islands in 70 days.
- In command of Captain J. Frömcke.
- Sailed from Lizard Point to Valparaiso in 66 days.
- Captain Magnus Friedrich Johann Allwardt, Warnemünde. [1906 Lubbock]
- Sailed from the English Channel to Valparaiso in 75 days.
- In command of Captain O. Hildebrandt.
- Sailed from the English Channel to Valparaiso in 68 days.
- Sold to Mathias Lundqvist, Vårdö, Åland, for £ 3350. The Finnish measurements were 1758 GRT and 1661 NRT.
- In command of Captain A. Lundqvist.
- 1917 March 12
- Torpedoed by the German submarine U-70 at 50°50'N, 7°W off the coast of Ireland on voyage from Rosario to Swansea with a cargo of maize. [Meyer has March 13]
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-06-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.