A three-masted iron barque built in 1885 by Workman, Clark & Co. Ltd, Belfast, Ireland.
Her dimensions are 56,85×9,19×4,77(d) m [186'6×30'3×14'(d)] and with a tonnage of 678 GRT and 647 NRT.
- 1885 November 7
- Launched from Slip No. 2 at the North Ship Building Yard of Workman Clark and Co. Ltd., Belfast, for William J. Woodside and Co., Belfast.
Assigned the Official British Reg. No. 90129 and signal KDCN.
- 1891 September - 1893 May
- Captain William McMaster.
- Sold to A.H. Turnbull & Co., Lyttleton, and was renamed Rona.
- Registerd in Auckland.
- 1915 August - 1921 October
- Captain William Airey.
- 1921 June 26
- Stranded on Barrett's Reef, near Steeple Rock at Port Nicholsen Harbour, Weillington, during a SW gale.
- Registered as a hulk by the Adelaide Steamship Co. Ltd., Sydney.
- Registerd in Melbourne.
- 1943 August
- Requisitioned by the Australian Navy to be used in the waters of New Guinea.
- 1946 September
- Returned to the owners.
- 1968 January 18
- Sold by the Howard Smith Inudstries Pty Ltd, Melbourne, to the National Trust for one cent.
Presently preserved as a museum ship in Melbourne.
Updated 1999-10-25 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.