Three-masted steel barque built in 1896 by AG Rickmers, Bremerhaven.
Dimensions: 79,00×12,20×7,70 meters and tonnage: 1946 GRT.
Presently a museum ship in the harbour of Hamburg.
- 1896 July 27
- AG Rickmers, Bremerhaven, for
Reismühlen, Reederei und Schiffbau AG, Bremerhaven.
Assigned the German signal QGHF [?].
Captain August Walsen was given command of the new ship.
- 1911 October 21 - 1912 February 23
- Sailed from Pisagua to
Lizard Point in 125 days.
- 1912 March 25
- Sold to Reederei C. Krabbenhöft, Hamburg, for DEM 115.000 and was remaned the Max.
- 1916 February 26
- Confiscated by the Portuguese Government at
Horta and was given the name Flores.
- Rebuilt as a sail training ship for the Portuguese Navy
and was renamed the Sagres.
- 1961 September
- Taken out of service and was renamed the
Santo André and used as a storage ship.
- 1983 April 28
- Sold to "Windjammer für Hamburg" and was given back her original name Rickmer Rickmers. Was towed to Hamburg where the ship
arrived on the 7th of May.
- Gerdau, Kurt: Rickmer Rickmers. Ein Windjammer für
Koehler, Herford, 1983. 8vo, 88 pp, ill.
- Kludas, Arnold: 150 Years Rickmers, 1834-1984.
Koehler, Herford, 1984. 4to, 128 pp, ill.
- Schäuffelen, Otmar: Die letzen grossen Segelschiffe.
Delius, Klasing & Co, Bielefeld, 1973. 8vo, 280 pp, ill.
Updated 1996-03-02 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.