A steel ship built in 1892 by Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions: 239'_"×36'_"×21'_" and tonnage: 2900 GRT and 1436 NRT. [Hume]
Dimensions 272'_"×40'_"×23'6" and 1962 GRT and 1869 NRT. [Lille]
Rigged in Jubilee fashion, i.e. with nothing above double top and topgallant
- Launched at the shipyard of Charles Connell & Co., Glasgow, for The Samoena Ship Co. (J.D. Clink), Greenock. Assigned the official British Reg. No. ____ and signal ____.
- Management of the ship transferred to Lang & Fulton, Greenock.
- Sold to J.A. Zachariasen, Nystad, Finland.
Captain J.E. Rönnholm, Vasa.
- 1919 September 25
- Wrecked at Hoek van Holland on voyage from New York to
Rotterdam. The wreck was sold to be broken up and was blown up where she was.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Hume, John R. & Moss, Michael S.: A Bed of Nails. The History of P. MacCallum & Sons, Ltd of Greenock 1781-1981, a Study in Survival.
Lang & Fulton, Greenock, (c1982). 8vo, xii, 148 pp, ill.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-22 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.