An iron full-rigged ship built in 1875 by T.R. Oswald, Sunderland, as yard no. 149.
Dimensions: 231'2"×37'2"×23'5" and tonnage: 1423 GRT, 1385 NRT and 1320 tons under deck.
- 1875 September
- Launched at the shipyard of T.R. Oswald, Sunderland, for Thompson, Anderson & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 74469 and signal WTDM.
- Transferred to Sierra Shipping Co. Ltd. (Thompson, Anderson & Co.), Liverpool.
- 1897 June 25
- Sold to Carl Magnus Bodén, Nordmaling, for £ 3500 and was renamed Mary Augusta. Assigned the official Swedish Reg. No. 3104 and signal JHGN. The new measurements were 69,00×11,39×7,13 meters and tonnage: 1423 GRT, 1385 NRT and 2000 DWT.
Captain Carl Otto Nordin, Hernösand.
- 1898 October 28
- Sailed from Sundsvall with a cargo of timber for Port Pirie.
- 1898 November 21
- Wrecked west of Dunkerque.
- 1899 February
- The wreck was sold at auction to M. Delgrange, Douai, for FRF 6900.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Svenska järn- och stålseglare.
Båtologen Årg. 29-31 (1991-93).
Updated 1997-05-14 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.