A steel ship built in 1891 by Barclay Curle & Co., Glasgow.
Dimensions 271'×44'×21' and tonnage GRT 2090 and 1954 NRT.
Equipped with a forcastle of 40 ft and a poop of 36 ft. The midshiphouse or bridgedeck was 36 ft long.
- 1891 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay Curle & Co., Glasgow, for the "Golden Fleece Line" (A. & J. Carmichael), Greenock.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 98303.
- In command of Captain E.C. Bennet, late of the fullrigged ship Thessalus.
- Sailed from Liverpool to Melbourne in 81 days.
- Sailed from Melbourne to Newcastle, NSW in 6 days.
- Sailed from Newcastle, NSW to San Francisco in 48 days.
- Sailed from San Francisco to Queenstown in 113 days.
- Sailed from Cardiff to Montevideo in 41 days.
- Captain Stenhouse replaced Captain Bennet who had been appointed master of the same owner's four-masted barque Glaucus.
- Sold to William Lewis & Co. (& Lewis and Herron), London.
- 1914 June 14
- Left the Clyde in ballast for New York but never arrived.
Updated 2001-03-09 by Lars Bruzelius
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 2001 Lars Bruzelius.