An iron barque built in 1851 by Coutts & Parkinson, Newcastle.
Dimensions 49,11×9,18×6,10 meters
[161'0"×30'1"×20'0"] and 732 GRT, 688 NRT and 671 tons under deck.
- Launched at the shipyard of Coutts & Parkinson, Newcastle, for Hamlin & Co., Greenock.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 17497 and signal MGVK.
- Sold to J. Alexander & Co., Liverpool.
- Sold to P. Webster, Scarborough.
- 1880 July
- Sold to R.W. Leyland & Co., Liverpool. [Walker also gives the date 1880]
- Detained at Cork by the Board of Trade.
- 1893 May
- Sold to George MacLearie, Port Glasgow, for £ 625 and borken
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-15 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.