An iron steam ship built in 1851 by John Reid & Co., Port Glasgow.
Dimensions: 224'9"×29'1"×20'2" and tonnage: ____ GRT, 924 NRT and ____ tons under deck.
Later rebuilt as a barque rigged sailing ship.
- Launched at the shipyard of John Reid & Co., Port Glasgow, for .... Assigned the official British Reg. No. ____ and signal ____.
- Sold to A. Inkster & Co., Liverpool, and was convetred to a barque rigged sailing ship of 924 NRT.
- Sold to E.K. Ellison, Liverpool.
- Sold to C. de Groot, Flushing, and was renamed Theodorus.
- Sold to Axel Eriksson, Västeränga, Åland, for £ 1300. Captain M.V. Eriksson was given command of the vessel.
- 1894 May
- Stranded near Havana on voyage from Pensacola to Lübeck with a cargo of pitchpine. The ship was later refloated and towed to Havana.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-06-17 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.