An iron barque built in 1887 by Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, as Yard No. 230/238.
Dimensions305'5"×41'7"×24'4" and 2595 GRT, 2526 NRT and 2422 tons under deck.
- 1887 March
- Launched at the shipyard of Oswald, Mordaunt & Co., Southampton, for Sailing Ship "Toxteth" Co.
Ltd. (R.W. Leyland & Co.), Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 93721 and signal KLWF.
- Missing on voyage from Port Talbot to Tocopilla.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Walker, David: Champion of Sail. R.W. Leyland and his Shipping
Conway Maritime Press, London, 1986. 4to, 191 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-05-15 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.