An iron fullrigged ship built in 1886 by W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions 278'0"×40'1"×24'2" and 2095 GRT, 2040 NRT and 1949 tons under deck.
- 1886 September
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool, for Wayfarer Ship Co. (W.H. Potter & Sons), Liverpool.
Assigned the official British Reg. No. 93698 and signal KHTW.
- Sold to owners in Lillesand, Norway, for £ 2300 and was renamed Tasmania. The Finnish measurements were 2089 GRT and 1935 NRT.
- 1912 October
- Sold to Robert Mattsson, Mariehamn, for £ 6800.
- Captain K.A. Ekblom succeeded Captain S. Berntsen as commander of the vessel.
- Captain A. Joelsson.
- 1917 December
- Torpedoed by a German submarine.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Lille, Sten & Grönstrand, Lars: Finlands djupvattenseglare.
Etelä-soumen kustannus oy, Lieto, 1979. 4to, 224 pp, ill.
Updated 1997-04-24 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.