A four-masted steel barque built in 1891 by Ramage & Ferguson, Leith.
Dimensions 100,32×13,81×7,79 meters [328'2"×45'4"×25'7"]
and tonnage 3182 GRT and 3010 NRT.
Rigged with royal sails over double top and top-gallant sails.
- 1891 September
- Launched at the shipyard of Ramage & Ferguson,
Leith, for Gillison & Chadwick, Liverpool. Captain T.S. Bailey was the master
of the ship 1891-1899.
- 1897 May 17 - August 10
- Sailed from Liverpool to Calcutta in 85 days. Raced the fourmasted barque Thistlebank (1891) which had sailed from Lizard on May 11 and reached Calcutta on August 7 after 88 days out.
- 1899 May 30
- Sold to
F. Laeisz, Hamburg, and renamed
Persimmon. Used in the nitrate trade between Chile and Europe. Captain H.A.
- Sold to F.A. Vinnen & Co., Bremen, and renamed Helwig Vinnen.
- 1913 April 12
- Sold to Bremer Stahlhof, Bremen.
- Interned at Santa Rosalia for the duration of the war.
- Sold to Dollar Co., San Francisco, and renamed Allen Dollar.
- Sold to Herate Straits Towing Co., Vancouver, and reduced to a lighter.
- Sold to Pacific Coyle Navigation Co., Vancouver, and used as a hulk after having been renamed Drumrock.
- Sank during tow in Takush Bay, Smith Sound.
Updated 1997-02-15 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.