A four-masted iron ship built in 1884 by W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool.
Dimensions: 95,57×12,87×7,53 [314'0"×42'3"×24'9"] and
tonnage: 2631 GRT and 2458 NRT.
Rigged with royal and sky sails over double top and topgallant sails.
Sistership to the same owner's Pegasus
- 1884 January
- Launched at the shipyard of W.H. Potter & Sons, Liverpool for C.W. Corsar, Liverpool, but managed by W.T. Dixon & Sons, Liverpool.
Captain J. English was given command of the ship.
- C.W. Corsar took over management of the ship.
- Caught fire and was burnt out during loading of saltpetre
- S. Soler, Valparaiso, bought the burnt out hull from the
underwriters and rebuilt the ship and renamed her Ricard de Sloer.
Captain M. D'Angelo.
- Sold to J. Laguna, Barcelona, and was renamed Iberia.
Captain E. Torner.
- Sold to D. Mumburu, and was renamed Antonia Mumburu.
- Broken up.
Updated 1996-10-06 by Lars Bruzelius.
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Four-masted ships & barques |
Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.