A three-masted iron full-rigged ship built in 1875 by Alexander Stephen & Sons, Dundee. Dimensions 245'2"×38'3"×23'0" and tonnage 1561 GRT, 1488 NRT, and 1388 tons under deck.

Sister ship to the same owner's full-rigged ship Maulesden (1875).

1875 May
Launched at the shipyard of Alexander Stephens & Sons, Dundee, for the Dundee Clipper Line. Assigned the English signal letters PBNT.
Owned by D. Bruce & Co., Dundee, and commanded by Capt. Sangster [LR 1879-89]
Captain Littlejohn.
Owned by D. Bruce & Co., Dundee [LR 1889-90].
In command of Captain John Jarvis.
Lost jibboom, foretopmast, and figurehead in collision with an icberg at 43° S. The voyage continued round Cape Horn to Falmouth nder jury-rig.
Sailed from Prawle Point to Melbourne in 74 days.
Sailed to Portland, OR.
1899 October 3
Partially dismasted 150 nm W of Cambridge Island, Chile.
1899 October 13
Anchored off the Cambridge Island and is supposed to have been lost sometime after the 17th when part of the crew left the ship to seek assistantce.


Updated 1998-02-03 by Lars Bruzelius

Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives.

Copyright © 1996 Lars Bruzelius.