An iron barque built in 1869 by McMillan, Dumbarton.
Dimensions: 184'6"×29'6"×18'5" and tonnage: 739 GRT, 698 NRT and 687 tons under deck. She had 26' long forecastle and a raised quarter deck which was 41'.
- 1869 October
- Launched at the shipyard of McMillan, Dumbarton, for Aiton & Co., Liverpool. Assigned the official British Reg. No. 63214 and signal WPTR.
Employed in the London - Montreal trade.
- Sold to Devitt & Moore, London. Re-rigged as a full-rigged ship and employed in the South Australian trade.
- In command of Captain L.W.E. Bowen late of the same owner's clipper ship Chaa-Sze.
- In command of Captain Peter Black.
- In command of Captain E.D. Alston late of the same owner's ship Dunbar Castle.
- In command of Captain A.J. Ismay.
- In command of Captain Charles Maitland.
- Re-rigged as a barque.
- Sold to Simon Goldberg & Sons, Swansea.
- Sold to H.C.A. Michelson, Sandefjord, Norway, and was renamed Ragna.
- 1903 March
- Stranded and became a total loss.
- Square-rigged ships, general references.
- Course, A.G.: Painted Ports. The story of the ships of
Messrs Devitt and Moore.
Hollis & Carter, London, 1961. 8vo, x, 230 pp, 6 plates.
- Lubbock, Basil: The Colonial Clippers.
Brown, Ferguson & Son, Glasgow, 1948 (2nd).
Updated 1997-05-06 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet |
The Maritime History Virtual Archives.
Copyright © 1997 Lars Bruzelius.