An iron fullrigged ship built in 1869 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow [?].
Dimensions: 229'3"×36'8"×22'3" and tonnage: 1257 tons.
Rigged with double topsails and a main skysail.
- 1869 June
- Launched at the shipyard of Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow, for Carmichael's "Golden Fleece Line". Assigned the official British Reg. No. 62089 and signal JNKF. Employed in the India trade.
- In command of Captain McIntyre.
- 1870 -
- In command of Captain Fife.
- Sailed from London to Sydney in 72 days.
- Sailed from New York to Liverpool in 13 days.
- Sailed from _____ to the Downs in 96 days, arriving one day ahead of the same owner's ship Argonaut.
- Sailed from Calcutta to Batavia in 22 days.
- Sailed from Liverpool to Calcutta in 77 days.
- Sailed from San Francisco to Queenstown in 104 days.
- 1885 December 27
- Stranded on Fly Island.
Updated 1998-07-23 by
Sjöhistoriska Samfundet | The Maritime History Virtual Archives |
Copyright © 1998 Lars Bruzelius.